Sweeping Your Fireplace & Chimney the Right Way
For many, even though Fireplace Cleaning & Chimney Sweeping are listed at the top of the CPSC Fire Safety Check List, they have no idea what the chimney technician is really doing. We have provided a video below from the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) about how Ashbusters will sweep and inspect your fireplace. We believe you should be an educated consumer when it comes to the care and maintenance of your fireplace and chimney appliance.
Check out the glossary at the top of the video pane as well. This will give you a very good picture of how your fireplace is constructed.
All of our Chimney Sweeps:
- Are CSIA Certified
- Go through an extensive background check
- Participate in mandatory industry training to stay on top of the latest technical advances to maintain our reputation as a premium chimney sweep company.
Use An Experienced Company
In the last 23 years we have swept over 21,000 chimneys and have thousands of “all excellent” response cards from our customers thus proving we do it right! We also know that our past performance is something we have to live up to every day so we promise we will continue to do it right. Take a minute and see what others have to say about Ashbusters on Service Magic.
The number one concern about having a chimney sweep in your home is the mess that is envisioned. However; THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO MESS! That’s right! There is no mess and just in case you are interested in how we do that, here are the steps we take to make sure that your home is as clean, if not cleaner, after the job is complete.
8 Steps to Sweep & Clean Your Chimney and Fireplace
- We lay tarps out in front of the fireplace to insure that your carpet doesn’t get dirty and then set up a high speed dust collector to make sure that no soot gets into your home.
- We sweep the inside of your fireplace starting at the firebox floor and continue to sweep the chimney to the top of the flue.
- We then clean, inspect and adjust the damper and damper assembly.
- We use brushes on rods to sweep the flue, hand brushes for the firebox and smoke chamber, and a vacuum with a triple layer HEPA filter to control dust.
- After doing all this we do a visual inspection of the outside of the chimney, checking the mortar work, brickwork and crown. Any damage or needed repair we find is documented on video or with digital photos that can be sent to you.
- When we are through we will leave with you a copy of the written chimney system evaluation.
- We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee (homeowner must be present at time of service).
- We recommended this service to be done annually.
Let us quote the chimney sweep cost and get this chore off of your list…
Call us today or schedule an appointment online.
Think Fireplace Evaluations:
If you don’t think you need your chimney swept you may want to consider getting your fireplace evaluated. Ashbusters Chimney Service conducts chimney evaluations according to guidelines set forth by the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA).
Evaluations consist of any 1 of 3 levels of detailed chimney inspection. Having your fireplace inspected from crown to firebox can prevent both fires and CO Poisonings and getting this done is important for the safety of your family and those living around you.
Please make sure you check out all of our appointment tips to make this a better and safer experience for everyone.